Alethia is focusing on bone loss in acute disorders, invasive carcinomas and on cancer-associated epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition, three areas for which there are very few therapeutic options.
AB-25E9 – inhibition of bone degradation
- Alethia is developing a first-in-class bone antiresorptive for the treatment of bone loss in acute disorders such a hypercalcemia of malignancy, bone and cartilage loss in inflammatory disorders and severe osteoporosis. Read more about AB-25E9
AB-3A4 – invasive carcinomas
- Alethia is developing a therapeutic monoclonal antibody for the treatment of ovarian cancer and other invasive carcinomas such as triple-negative breast tumors and renal cancer. AB-3A4 is an IgG1 monoclonal antibody against KAAG-1, a cell-surface protein involved in tumor invasion. Read more about AB-3A4
AB-16B5 – inhibition of EMT
- Alethia is developing an inhibitor of EMT for the treatment of invasive carcinomas. AB-16B5 is a humanized IgG2 antibody against an EMT-inducing form of secreted clusterin (sCLU). AB-16B5 very efficiently blocks EMT and pre-clinical data indicate that animals xenografted with various carcinoma cells show an increase of response to standard of care chemotherapy as well as a reduction of invasion. Read more about AB-16B5
- February 17, 2015 Alethia Biotherapeutics Submits a Clinical Trial Application (CTA) for a Phase I Study with AB-16B5, an Inhibitor of EMT in Patients with Advanced Cancers Alethia PR 150217_EN
- January 20, 2015 Alethia Biotherapeutics announces the issuance of U.S. Patent No. 8,937,163 entitled “Antibodies against kidney associated antigen 1 and antigen binding fragments thereof” by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”)
- December 2, 2014 Alethia Biotherapeutics announces the issuance of U.S. Patent No. 8,900,579 entitled “Siglec-15 antibodies in treating bone loss-related diseases” by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”)
- October 26 – 29, 2014 Alethia Biotherapeutics to be part of the World ADC San Diego 2014. Dr. Gilles Tremblay will be in attendance.
- October 8 – 9, 2014 Alethia Biotherapeutics to present at the 12th Annual Discovery on Target conference at the Westin Boston Waterfront, Boston, MA. Dr. Mario Filion, Chief Scientific Officer, will be a speaker during the Antibodies Against Membrane Protein Targets session on October 9: “Targeting Siglec-15 for Therapeutic Inhibition of Osteoclastic Bone Resorption Results in the Maintenance of Bone ...
- September 12 – 15, 2014 Alethia Biotherapeutics to be part of the ASBMR Annual Meeting at the George R. Brown Convention Center, Houton, Texas. Drs. Anna Moriatis and Gilles Tremblay will be in attendance.