Alethia is currently focusing on cancer-associated epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition with its AB-16B5 monoclonal antibody, a clinical stage EMT inhibitor to prevent chemotherapy resistance and metastatic tumour invasion
AB-16B5 – inhibition of EMT
- Alethia is developing an inhibitor of EMT for the treatment of invasive carcinomas. AB-16B5 is a humanized IgG2 antibody against an EMT-inducing form of secreted clusterin (sCLU). AB-16B5 very efficiently blocks EMT and pre-clinical data indicate that animals xenografted with various carcinoma cells show an increase of response to standard of care chemotherapy as well as a reduction of invasion. Read more about AB-16B5
- May 21, 2020 Alethia Biotherapeutics Announces Receipt of FDA Authorization to Begin Phase 2 Development for its EMT Inhibitor, AB-16B5 MONTREAL, May 21, 2020 – Alethia Biotherapeutics announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has cleared its Phase 2 Investigational new drug (IND) application for AB-16B5, a potent inhibitor of the epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT).This allows the ...
- June 4, 2019 BioMed Propulsion Program: Québec grants $ 4 million loan to Alethia Biotherapeutics Through the BioMed Propulsion program, administered by Investissement Québec, the MEI is providing a $ 4 million loan to Alethia Biotherapeutics to support the completion of a project valued at $ 17 million. The BioMed Propulsion program improves access to financing for companies in ...
- May 21, 2015 MONTREAL, May 21, 2015 – Alethia Biotherapeutics Inc. announced today the commencement of patient dosing in a Phase 1 clinical trial with AB-16B5, a fully humanized monoclonal antibody that inhibits epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT), in patients with advanced solid tumors.
- August 12-17, 2018 Alethia Biotherapeutics to present at the 18th International Biotechnology Symposium and Exposition at le Palais des Congrès in Montreal, Canada. Dr. Mario Filion will present: “Targeting EMT to treat advanced carcinomas with an anti-clusterin antibody”.
- April 1 – 5, 2017 Alethia Biotherapeutics to present at the Annual AACR Meeting at Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, D.C., USA. Dr. Mario Filion and Dr. Julie Laurin will present: “Phase 1 first-in-human study of anti-clusterin antibody AB-16B5 in patients with advanced solid malignancies”. Poster presentation CT098, April 4 2017, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, section 33, Session PO.CT03 – Phase I ...
- April 16 – 20, 2016 Alethia Biotherapeutics to present at the Annual AACR Meeting at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Drs. Mario Filion and Gilles Tremblay will present: “Inhibition of Siglec-15 prevents bone loss in a mouse model of multiple myeloma”. Poster presentation LB-091, April 18 2016, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, section 10, immunology session.