Alethia is focusing on invasive carcinomas and on cancer-associated epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition, two areas for which there are very few therapeutic options.
AB-3A4 – invasive carcinomas
- Alethia is developing a therapeutic monoclonal antibody for the treatment of ovarian cancer and other invasive carcinomas such as triple-negative breast tumors and renal cancer. AB-3A4 is an IgG1 monoclonal antibody against KAAG-1, a cell-surface protein involved in tumor invasion. Read more about AB-3A4
AB-16B5 – inhibition of EMT
- Alethia is developing an inhibitor of EMT for the treatment of invasive carcinomas. AB-16B5 is a humanized IgG2 antibody against an EMT-inducing form of secreted clusterin (sCLU). AB-16B5 very efficiently blocks EMT and pre-clinical data indicate that animals xenografted with various carcinoma cells show an increase of response to standard of care chemotherapy as well as a reduction of invasion. Read more about AB-16B5
- May 21, 2015 MONTREAL, May 21, 2015 – Alethia Biotherapeutics Inc. announced today the commencement of patient dosing in a Phase 1 clinical trial with AB-16B5, a fully humanized monoclonal antibody that inhibits epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT), in patients with advanced solid tumors.
- February 17, 2015 Alethia Biotherapeutics Submits a Clinical Trial Application (CTA) for a Phase I Study with AB-16B5, an Inhibitor of EMT in Patients with Advanced Cancers Alethia PR 150217_EN
- January 20, 2015 Alethia Biotherapeutics announces the issuance of U.S. Patent No. 8,937,163 entitled “Antibodies against kidney associated antigen 1 and antigen binding fragments thereof” by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”)
- April 16 – 20, 2016 Alethia Biotherapeutics to present at the Annual AACR Meeting at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Drs. Mario Filion and Gilles Tremblay will present: “Inhibition of Siglec-15 prevents bone loss in a mouse model of multiple myeloma”. Poster presentation LB-091, April 18 2016, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, section 10, immunology session.
- October 9 – 12, 2015 Alethia Biotherapeutics to present at the Annual ASBMR Meeting at the Washington State Convention Center, Seattle, USA. Drs. Matthew Stuible and Gilles Tremblay will present data on the roles of Siglec-15 in osteoclasts: The subcellular distribution of Siglec-15 in bone-resorbing osteoclasts implies complementary roles at the cell surface and ruffled border. Poster presentation #MO0220, October 12.
- October 26 – 29, 2014 Alethia Biotherapeutics to be part of the World ADC San Diego 2014. Dr. Gilles Tremblay will be in attendance.